Bulldog Reporter announced Camino Public Relations as this year's Best PR or Communications Team gold award winner for the 2017 Bulldog Stars of PR Awards program, which recognizes exceptional PR and communications achievements globally. Awards are judged by working journalists who designate Gold awards for entries with "unprecedented high scores," according to Bulldog Reporter.
"This prestigious gold Bulldog award is a well deserved validation for one of the best PR teams in the business," said Pablo Toledo, Camino executive vice president. "Camino staff do what it takes to solve audacious challenges — which has never been needed more than in today's polarized media environment. Hats off to our team for winning the gold!"
Camino is a full-service strategic communications agency that helps improve social challenges ranging from gender equality to criminal justice reform.
"At a time when the national discourse is dominated by scandals about oppression — from sexual harassment in the media to white supremacists in the streets — PR professionals are obligated to use our industry's tools for good," said Loretta Kane, Camino partner.
Hallmark achievements that led to the award include:
- Expertise in how people talk about contentious yet critical social issues.
- Introducing journalists to overlooked voices from underrepresented communities.
- Offering reporters trusted facts and an intersectional lens.
- Combining rigorous intelligence about media narratives with public relations strategies.
- Helping clients engage a new political and media environment.
- Holding special briefings with longform journalists whose format lends itself to more complex social issues.
- Conducting media and messaging trainings for experts and community voices.
"Having the opportunity to work at the forefront of some of the nation's more hot button issues in this past year's media climate has required endless adaptability and vigilance," said Camino media director Ben Roussel.
Camino previously won Bulldog Reporter's awards for Crisis Agency of the Year, Best Small PR Agency for Corporate Reputation and Good Works, as well as PRWeek's Nonprofit Campaign of the Year and Best in a Crisis Campaign awards.
Camino Public Relations is an award-winning strategic communications firm, specializing in complex social issues, crisis, and motivating diverse audiences.