ALBANY, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Community Care Physicians (CCP) and health and well-being company Humana Inc.(NYSE: HUM) have signed a new value-based agreement that provides in-network access for Humana Medicare Advantage members at CCP facilities.
The contract provides Humana HMO, PPO and PFFS Medicare Advantage members in-network access to CCP’s 248 primary care and specialty physicians at its 37 practices across the Capital District as well as its five urgent care facilities in Delmar, Niskayuna, North Greenbush, Albany and Latham.
“We’re pleased that this new agreement with Community Care Physicians not only expands our Humana footprint in the Capital District, but it also unites us around our common goal of providing individual-focused care and improving the health of our Humana Medicare Advantage members,” said Humana Northeast Medicare President Alexander Clague.
Value-based care is designed to help people achieve their best health by emphasizing:
- More face time with physicians and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications (watch Humana’s “Better Chronic Management Through Value-Based Care” video);
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient; and
- Reimbursement to physicians based primarily on the health outcomes of their patients rather than the number of services they provide (fee-for-service).
Under this new agreement, physicians will also benefit by having new tools, better data and access to care support to maximize time spent with their patients covered by Humana Medicare Advantage. For more information, visit www.humana.com/valuebasedcare.
The provider may also contract with other plans.
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information
Humana is a Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO and PFFS organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in any Humana plan depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network. The provider network may change at any time. Impacted members are notified when necessary.