Namely, the leading HR platform for mid-sized companies, today announced the company is expanding its Austin presence with a new downtown office and has launched a new product offering, Managed Services. In addition, the company released trend insights culled from its expansive US customer data, uncovering that Austin employees come in above-average for employee loyalty.
Headquartered in New York, Namely first opened a North Lamar office in December of 2015. Today, the company is moving downtown, with room for rising headcount. This expansion is due to the company's rapid business growth in the central region: From the first half of 2016 to the first half of 2017, Namely has increased sales by nearly 200% in the region. Namely's growth in this area matches the continued growth of mid-market companies in Texas, which require HR solutions that are tailored to their unique needs.
"We've been big fans of Namely since we partnered with them a little over a year ago, and as a fellow Austin tech company, we're excited to see their local presence grow. We absolutely love Namely because they have helped transform our company culture, and they make it easy and seamless to have HR, payroll, and benefits under one umbrella," says Ariel Lopez, Culture and Geek Resource Manager at Geek Powered Studios.
Employee Data Insights: Austin Employees Stay Longer
Namely released insights on what makes Austin workplaces unique, based on a comprehensive analysis of customer data that represents over 125,000 employees nationwide.
- The average employee tenure in Austin is 3.76 years—far longer than their peers in New York (2.79 years) and San Francisco (2.44 years). With employee churn top of mind for HR teams across the country, Austin has an advantage when it comes to retaining top talent, allowing HR departments more time to focus on culture-building over talent acquisition.
- Austin salaries have a major competitive advantage in one of the most popular local fields: sales. Account Executive base salaries in Austin average $75,000 annually, compared to only $71,000 in San Francisco and $58,000 in NYC. For companies competing for top talent in the region, this distinct salary advantage for sales professionals will surely aid in recruiting efforts.
New Product Launch of Managed ServicesAs a result of this growth, Namely has introduced its newest product offering, Managed Services.
- Through Managed Services, Namely handles the administrative HR tasks of businesses with fifteen or more employees.
- This allows companies to take full control of their HR and to use time previously spent on administrative tasks to focus on business strategy.
- Austin will be home to the rapidly growing Managed Services team, which includes industry vets and even a Namely client-turned-employee.
"I'm so proud of our Austin team and the tremendous growth we've seen over the past year," says Matt Straz, Namely's Founder and CEO. "Austin is home to many exciting mission-driven companies, and we're proud to give them access to the HR technology that helps them grow and attract great people in a competitive market."
Namely is the first HR platform that employees actually love to use. Namely's powerful, easy-to-use technology allows companies to handle all of their HR, payroll, time management, and benefits in one place. Coupled with dedicated account support, every Namely client gets the software and service they need to deliver great HR and a strong, engaged company culture.
Namely is used by over 800 clients with over 125,000 employees globally. Headquartered in New York City, the company has raised $157.8 MM from leading investors, including Altimeter Capital, Scale Capital, Sequoia Capital, Matrix Partners, and True Ventures. For more information, visit www.namely.com.