MetaProp NYC, the world’s premier real estate technology nexus, announced today the first ever New York City Real Estate Tech Week Awards, recognizing the people, technology and organizations that have gone above and beyond to positively impact next general PropTech.
Nominations opened July 15 and close September 15. Finalists will be announced October 1 and Award Winners will be presented at a ceremony during NYC Real Estate Tech Week 2017.
Awards will be given out for the following six categories:
- NYCRETW Top Founder Award
- NYCRETW Top Executive Award
- NYCRETW Top Technology Award
- NYCRETW Top Innovator Award
- NYCRETW Top Investor Award
- NYCRETW Top Association Award
“MetaProp NYC and our distinguished Awards Committee members are proud to recognize the outstanding contributions of the best PropTech innovators who are changing real estate in New York City and around the globe,” said Aaron Block, Co-Founder and Managing Director of MetaProp. “These most forward-thinking professionals learn, share and improve the real estate industry in a multitude of ways that only grow at a greater pace every day.”
Winners will receive extensive, industry-wide recognition and media attention through press releases, as well as a free ticket to the MIPIM PropTech Summit, the flagship event of NYCRETW. In addition, finalists will be highlighted on the official NYCRETW website and category winners will have the opportunity to be featured on the The MetaPropCast with Phil Russo, Founding Partner of MetaProp Advisors. The podcast features interviews with CEOs, presidents and senior executives from the hottest PropTech companies. Winners will be announced during NYCRETW.
The expert judging panel is independent and influential. Each of the awards categories, six total, has a three or five-member team selected from the Awards Committee, made up of industry leading CEOs, global media, founders and producers. Judges give a numerical value based on the quality and merit of responses to a series of open-ended questions within the corresponding nomination form. The scores will then be combined, resulting in a cumulative score for each nominee. Awards will be given to the highest-rated nominee in each category.
- Julia Arlt, PwC - Austria
- Travis Barrington, CRE.Tech - USA
- Linda Barr O’Flanagan, Real Estate Weekly - USA
- Ryan Baxter, REBNY - USA
- James Dearsley, PropTech Consult - UK
- Patrice Derrington, Columbia University - USA
- Dan Hughes, RICS - UK
- Clelia Peters, Warburg Realty / MetaProp NYC - USA
- Arnaud Simeray, Reed Midem - USA
- Emily Wright, EG - UK
For more information about the first ever NYC Real Estate Tech Week Awards visit realestatetechweek.nyc.
About Real Estate Tech Week
Founded in 2015 by MetaProp NYC, the NYCEDC and various corporate and industry partners, NYC Real Estate Tech Week has become the “Davos of PropTech.” The week is anchored by the annual MIPIM PropTech Summit. Through this marquee event and dozens of others each year, top government, business and technology minds from around the world come to New York City to learn, network and strike deals. These 1-2 week long celebrations of PropTech are important global meeting places, but also marketplaces for:
- Real estate practitioners looking for education get the best of new technologies for their buildings and operating businesses, as well as get an opportunity to see what their competitors are doing around innovation;
- Industry leaders and change agents get direct access to technology and founders products, services and industry innovations;
- Investors looking for hot, new investment opportunities in this space;
- Top startups looking to deepen relationships with industry leaders in NY, North America and the world;
- End users looking for new technologies for the home or office.
About MetaProp NYC
MetaProp NYC is the world’s premier real estate technology nexus. Based in the heart of Manhattan’s Silicon Alley, the MetaProp NYC 22-week Accelerator and 8-week Pre-Accelerator at Columbia University are the leading programs for high growth PropTech startups. Each year, up to 20 of the best technology driven real estate industry ideas are selected to participate in intensive education, mentorship and growth hacking programs, culminating in exclusive Graduation Defense panels and bi-coastal Demo Days for partners, investors, VCs and media. Founded in 2015, the accelerator boasts 100+ mentors, 10 renowned corporate partners and widespread media coverage from the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, New York Post, TechCrunch, Inman, Bisnow, Real Estate Weekly, and more. MetaProp NYC's team and strategic seed stage funds have invested in 60+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people globally. MetaProp Advisors provides strategic advisory services, growth consulting, communications, event management and market research for real estate companies that are serious about innovation.